Social Enterprise Operation Assistant and Program Influencer
Contingent I 30+ hours/week Hourly: $17.50
Temporary: six-month contractual position
Social Enterprise Operation Assistant and Program Influencer should be confident in performing all duties involved with daily operations of Flying Fruit’s social enterprises: UB Law Café, Camden Yards, Inner Harbor Kiosk. These duties include completing sales transactions, preparation and completion of all products, providing excellent customer service, and executing of all cleaning procedures. In combination with these duties, this assistant aids in scheduling program participants at the social enterprise, marketing for social media accounts, and completing inventory. The applicant should have a strong passion for social justice, youth empowerment, equity, anti-racism, and vocational services/training. The social enterprise operation assistant and program influencer will be overseen by the assistant director of social entrepreneurship and training.
- Twelve months of food service experience/or prior Flying Fruit experience
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Able to stand extended periods of time: four plus hours
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Able to navigate through Windows operating and Point of Sales systems
- Valid US driver’s license required
- Nights and weekends required
- Encourage, guide, and coach crew members at Flying Fruit social enterprises with a racial equity inclusion lens
- Perform all daily operational duties of Flying Fruit social enterprises including opening and closing procedures
- Contribute to the scheduling and training of Flying Fruit shift leaders and crew members
- Aid in teaching, training consisting of food preparation, register operation, and Flying Fruit policies.
- Provide support in social enterprises in conjunction with Choice AmeriCorps members and Flying Fruit crew members.
- Conduct work evaluations with assistant director for Flying Fruit shift leaders’ professional development
- Aid in conducting inventory checks for all three Flying Fruit locations
- Strategize marketing and social media in conjunction with the assistant director of social enterprise and training
- Provide support and development for job readiness classes
|To apply:||In order to apply follow the application link below:
Social Enterprise Operations Assistant Application Link: https://forms.gle/ooRUkEYxRQr3RMqg8
For best consideration submit application materials by April 4, 2021 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled).
Be sure to upload a resume in the application form.
|Equal Opportunity Statement:||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.|
|Title IX:||As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. For more information about Title IX and contact information for Title IX Coordinator click here.|
|Accommodation:||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.|
|Work Authorization||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.|