Choice Jobs: Alumni Engagement Advisor
Contingent I 30+ hours/week Hourly: $17.50
Temporary: six-month contractual position
This position will work in Choice’s Job’s Program, which provides goal setting, mentoring, advocacy, and barrier mitigation through the specific lens of career readiness to young people in Baltimore City. The position is housed at the Choice Program’s Cherry Hill Office in South Baltimore, and will directly serve young people in Baltimore City. The advisor will in essence act as a liaison between youth and The Choice Programs, connecting youth to different opportunities based on their specific needs. The applicant should have a strong passion for social justice, youth empowerment, equity, and vocational services/training.
- Works well in a team oriented environment
- Confident in leading peer groups
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Able to navigate through Windows operating and Point of Sales systems
- Valid US state Driver’s License
- Encourage, guide, and coach through a Racial Equity Lens
- Perform all daily operational duties of Flying Fruit Social enterprises
- Act as liaison between The Choice Program and youth
- Refer community youth to current Choice programming and activities
- Engage current youth in order to keep them involved throughout the program
- Develop and oversee opportunities for youth to participate in paid activities
- Active member on Youth in Action
- Active member on the Youth Advisory Board and providing feedback.
*Tele work required and nights and weekends required
|To apply:||In order to apply follow the application link below:
Alumni Engagement Advisor Application Link: https://forms.gle/XaeGzQDEu9KDv88i8
For best consideration submit application materials by April 4, 2021 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled).
Be sure to upload a resume in the application form.
|Equal Opportunity Statement:||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.|
|Title IX:||As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. For more information about Title IX and contact information for Title IX Coordinator click here.|
|Accommodation:||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.|
|Work Authorization||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.|